About Young BW Determined to Live Well

After being a faithful reader of various blogs dedicated to positively influencing black women, I recognized quite a few young black women in their teens, 20's, and 30's who were touched by the message as much as myself. This blog is my attempt to reach out and connect with young black women on issues we may be facing at a very transitional time in our lives. I encourage all, irrespective of age, class, origin, etc. to participate in the discussions and brainstorming sessions we have. I look forward to the potential of this blog and hope to hear from Young Black Women Determined to Live Well like myself!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Excellent Example of Young Black Women Positive Imagery and Representation!



I enjoy fashion and beauty a great deal. I particularly like to peruse websites such as ModCloth. I was pleasantly surprised today, to see a lovely black girl with a sweet afro and beautiful dark skin advertising pretty and feminine dresses on the site's home page. Check out these gorgeous advertisements:





This young model looks so beautiful! I also love that she is not painfully skinny (no disrespect to my naturally thin ladies) but healthy and youthful looking. Her smile is bright, her skin is glowing and she looks like the image of a young black woman I would be proud to emulate. I personally sent ModCloth a letter to let them know they gained a customer today for recognizing African American women customers in such a positive light. You can see the ads and more for yourself by visiting the site: www.modcloth.com Happy 4th of July Weekend to you all Lovely Ladies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment