About Young BW Determined to Live Well

After being a faithful reader of various blogs dedicated to positively influencing black women, I recognized quite a few young black women in their teens, 20's, and 30's who were touched by the message as much as myself. This blog is my attempt to reach out and connect with young black women on issues we may be facing at a very transitional time in our lives. I encourage all, irrespective of age, class, origin, etc. to participate in the discussions and brainstorming sessions we have. I look forward to the potential of this blog and hope to hear from Young Black Women Determined to Live Well like myself!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Get Familiar with these two Fumi's!

Hello Beautiful Butterflies! How are you? As we leave the month of August and make our way to the beginning of Autumn, I know you all are working smarter than ever before, to make your dreams a reality. Don't give up! 

The universe always has an infinite number of ways to get you to your highest potential. Sometimes, as I recently learned, we can be so fearful of what we don't want, that we don't see all of the possibilities available to us. I was so adamant about what I really didn't want to have to do, that it finally occurred to me: stop focusing on what you are fearful of happening, and start thinking in terms of what you can do to help yourself. This is where a connection to the internet can work wonders for a young woman. As I flat out googled what I needed, I found tons of people around the globe that were doing what could very well be a solid solution to my current concerns. I don't know what the outcome will be, but it's at least a place to start, and positively focus my energies. I am so grateful for my ability to think, research, and implement a plan of action, at times when I feel so powerless to life's unavoidable twists and turns.

As the title to this post suggests, I wanted to bring your attention to lovely black women from different parts of the world, who have lived vastly different lives and experiences. Each of them should be praised for their gracious efforts in sharing their knowledge and insights for other women to use in reaching their *Living Well life.* Ladies, please allow me the pleasure of introducing you to the youtube channels of Free Spirited Fumie and Fumi Fashion and Beauty! How delightful that their names are the same! They are both beautiful black women, and they are loaded with wisdom and savvy tips in navigating life. Below are videos I particularly enjoyed watching. I urge you to go to their channels and have a look for yourselves! If you love their channels as much as I do, subscribe, and be sure to like. Supporting black women's efforts and selectively choosing to expose my mind to uplifting words these women offer, is nutritious to our hearts and minds ENJOY!


Fumi Fashion and Beauty's Sister 2 Sister Series: Staying Focused on your Goals (20s, 30s, and 40's)


Sister 2 Sister Series: The Power of Surrender



Free Spirited Fumie: Dealing with Sexism AND Racism at Work



Free Spirited Fumie: Stealth & Strategy for Life


KEEP MOVING FORWARD LADIES! and Like Free Spirited Fumie states, remain STEALTH. There is a reason why I am NOT concerned about the number of people who frequent this blog. The ones who are of like mind, will quietly find their way here. That's part of my strategy as well! :)


1 comment:

  1. I am already subscribed to Free Spirited Fumie's channel and my favorite video of hers is Black American Women You Are Free. I have not heard of Fumi Fashion and Beauty, and I have been looking for a new channel to watch. Thanks for the recommendation, I enjoy watching uplifting videos by black women.

    ReplyDelete